I thought I'd help publicise their work by highlighting a few of my favourites and inviting you to post yours.
Please note many of these books are reprints of much older books. The dates given are those of the most recent prints to give some idea of how easy they will be to find:
- The Grand Captain by Gerald de Gaury (Longmans, Green and Co, 1955).
- A History of the Art of War in the Sixteenth Century by Sir Charles Oman (Greenhill Books, 1987).
- Mercenaries and Their Masters by Michael Mallet (Rowman and Littlefield, 1974).
- The Art of War in Italy 1494-1529 by Frederick Taylor (Partizan Press, 1993).
- Renaissance Battles 1494 – 1700 Vol. 1 by Peter Sides (Gosling Press, 1996).
- The Renaissance at War by Thomas Arnold (Cassell, 2001).
- Weapons and Warfare in Renaissance Europe by Bert S Hall (The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001).
- The Battle of Pavia by Catherine Whistler (Ashmolean Museum, 2003).
- The Art of Renaissance Warfare by Stephen Turnbull (Greenhill Books, 2006).
- The Italian Wars 1494-1559 by Michael Mallet & Christine Shaw (Pearson, 2012)
- The Art of War In Italy 1494-1529 by F L Taylor (Forgotten Books, 2009).
Updated: Sun, 28 Oct 2012